View Single Post
284878 12:33 PM 07-16-2016
This is my opinion
Yes it is common practice for most day cares require 2 week notice but most day cares also have a 2 week trail period which op would of been within the 2 weeks trail if he had start and then left after a week. Which he had offer to do and since they turned him down we can only assume they do not offer a trail period. If they had allowed this, he may of liked the day care and stayed but now they will never know.

I, myself, when calling around for services, will forget to ask a question or add question or change a question on my list. I find when I am calling the calls get redundant and I feel like I am just repeating myself, especially when I am getting the same or similar answers, am most likely not alone. So I not sure why every is finding out of the ordinary that he failed to ask this one day care their hours. When found out the hours he made them work for him, it was not until another day care called that he decided to cancel on them.

As BC point out, I agree with, there are 3 sides to this story and from what I am reading the provider also drop the ball. This provider failed to give a receipt, any handbook, or contract. This is just unprofessional to me and I think they should own up to the mistake. I even question, from what op says, that they even have a updated handbook compared to what the "lawyer" sent him.

Op- you dropped the ball too. Would you put a deposit on anything else without a paper trail? If so then I have a bridge to sell you.
Seriously, though, I am not going to tell you to cut your losses and move on because, I feel that the provider was in the wrong also and you both need to learn a lesson.
I say send the letter and request all of the money, why because you were not given anything in writing and they know that. Also they may offer a compromise, since you are threatening court.
But here is the problem I see, the only handbook you have says $75 for supplies not $150, so did you do a breakdown on the check on how much of the check was for supplies, holding fee and first week?
Also what date did you sign with this day care? (How many days between signing and canceling?)
Did you talk to the "owner" between signing and canceling?
Is the day care a legal one for your state?