View Single Post
childcaremom 03:52 AM 07-22-2016
So the reservation fee is.... a fee to hold the spot? Not going towards tuition at all?

Wow. I don't know. I can understand the argument that it would make both parties more accountable in the agreement but it really doesn't sit well with me.

If you (general daycare business "you") feel your services are worth more, charge more. I charge a lot more than my competition. I offer different things than the other local providers. My rates are not for everyone. They are for those who value what I am offering and willing to pay for those services. Those are the clients I want.

To be honest, I feel like it is a bit like, "we rope you in and then hit you with the big fees" type of thing. It doesn't sit well with me but that's just me.

As far as the playdate goes, I do think that it is a great idea. So many parents have told me one thing, only to have their children start and it's been the complete opposite. Makes for a very hard transition for the child and doesn't always mean a lasting client. Lots of wasted time and energy for everyone.

Hope it all works out for you!