View Single Post
knoxmomof2 02:31 PM 12-30-2018
I have 4 children from 3 families. I've worked with 1 family for almost 6 years between their 3 kids. I got a gift bag full of very nice bath / body products, a candle, chocolates and a photo Christmas card. They always give thoughtful gifts. Family 2 gave me $100 check (wow!), their family Christmas card (which was so funny!) and their family newsletter with the sweetest note about how thankful they are to have found me and how much they appreciate the peace of mind they have when they go to work because of me. Honestly, the rest of the gift was very nice but that note was the best part!! 😁❤️❤️ Family 3 didn't give me anything but they're young and are struggling, but they pay me full rate, on time every week and are considerate about my time so that is most important to me.

The gift value doesn't matter to me and I never expect anything. I just appreciate the thoughtfulness and knowing that I'm appreciated. I have great families right now. I'm so thankful to this board for the knowledge you've given me to help me get to this point. It has been priceless!