View Single Post
Mom2Two 11:18 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Really.

"New parents LOVE the Rock 'n Play™. How do I know? Because it's included as an "essential," "must-have," "lifesaver" item among nearly all baby registry recommendations.

I also know because so many of the parents I personally know (and love) use the Rock 'n Play as their babies' first sleeping spot - conveniently compact and within arm's reach of new mama.

Unfortunately, I also know that new parents love the Rock 'n Play™ because I'm a pediatric Occupational Therapist. A startling number of the babies referred for therapy services for head flattening, neck tightness and motor development issues have spent LOTS of their time sleeping and playing in this piece of baby gear. " - http://www.candokiddo.com/news/rocknplay

And it is illegal for most providers.

Overheating infants is a known top factor in SIDS deaths.

Not wanting to pick at you, just a SIDS mom on a mission, here. I lost my son in daycare with a provider taking these shortcuts, don't want anyone else to.
I "know" you too well to take offense at anything you'd say.

I'm a bit surprised at the plagiocephaly though. I thought that flat on the back on a hard surface would be much worse for that. I had the idea (just my own thinking) that the rounded positioning of the Rock n Play would help prevent.

We are thinking of the same thing, right?

And btw, I sleep infants < abt 5 mths in line of sight. But 5-8 months I started using the Rock n Play in the Fall.