View Single Post
JoseyJo 01:15 PM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Sounds like she already called on you. Why would they call you out of the blue?

She's worried another provider will find out about his bad behavior? Umm that will happen during the interview.

Absolutely clueless. She will be buying a vowel here in a couple weeks when it happens again.

I wouldn't have brought up the other parents. That gives her something to focus on and discuss with you. It just adds a layer that won't make the term easier. You don't need witnesses to make your point.

Keep it about HIM and what HE does not what others see, think, feel etc. That will shorten up the conferencing you will do to get them out the door.
I don't think she already called licensing- she specifically wanted to know if someone had called on him (as in a parent who saw her son being aggressive) or if I called "on him".

She is completely unwilling to take any time off work and MUST find a daycare for him right away.

She specifically asked if there is a "file" out there is the "daycare system" that will follow her child around from daycare to daycare. I think she is hoping to pick a daycare that does not check w/ the last provider or convince them not to check. I must admit I didn't check- she told me she was changing because her last provider took off way too many sick days and was unreliable. I believed her, and believed that he was a well adjusted child as he truly seemed to be during the interview. And he is - as long as you don't tell him something he doesn't want to hear. She is VERY careful not to tell him anything that will set him off during p/u and d/o I now notice now that I understand the situation.

I mentioned the other parents because it is true, and because it gives me a way (with my not very strong backbone I must admit!) to say "no way, I cannot give it more time."

I will not get into a conversation w/ her about it during p/u though. If she says anything at all I will tell her it would be better to call after hours so we can discuss it.