View Single Post
daycarediva 05:02 AM 09-13-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Still trying to get my 4year old asleep! If he wouldn't of had that 2hour nap at school bet he would be asleep by 9-9:30pm!.... He stays up so late because he simply isn't tired at night because he was made to fall asleep in a dark cozy room for 2or3 hours! Then it's crazzzy hard to get him to wake up in the morning because he went to bed so late! I don't get a 2or3hour nap so I'm dead tired during the week after staying up so late trying to get my child asleep! Love our weekends he gos with me to my full time job and i also have my own grooming business on the side. On the weekends he gets no nap and is ready for bed on Saturday and Sunday and wakes up great for going to work with Me! I wouldn't even use a daycare but it's not practical for me to take him to work 7days a week while I work 2jobs just to make it. It's very sad there are cold heart people that do not understand what parents go through. They can't do there job/part to help out the parent a little bit...

I have a state required rest period (it's a regulation for me to have this, cannot 'opt out') and all children lay on their mats for 30 minutes. After that, children not sleeping are able to get up and go into a side room adjacent to our nap room IF they're quiet.

I say if it isn't working for you, find a program that does. If your child fell asleep at my daycare, I would not be waking him up either. You cannot blame daycare for something that is very necessary in a GROUP care setting. Everyone has to be on the same schedule or it's chaos and impossible to meet the NEEDS of each child in care.

At 4, what about afternoon preschool?

Are you wearing him out at night? my daycare kids go to siblings sports, play outside, playground, and have a solid dinner/bath/story/bedtime routine. NONE of my parents have issues. They also nap them on the weekends when needed (eg. child did not sleep in to make up for that time)