View Single Post
dEHmom 09:50 AM 01-13-2011
It's very funny on here how every little thing turns into a HUGE debate! But maybe thats why I like this site so much?

Sorry Legomom, I don't think anyone on here is trying to make you feel horrible.

With regards to your original post,
1) I think the parents will probably tell you they are sorry about it
2) I highly highly highly doubt you would ever be able to get any kind of compensation from them for medical bills or anything down the road, unless they are just nice people and decide they want to help out.
3) Everyone is right about your son and this little girl. It's not EVER about what is actually happening, it's what people THINK is happening. Its sad, but true. and if that little girl said one day when he touched my bum or something like that, it's all gonna spin out of control, and often when a child gets a reaction, good or bad from anything, it's gonna keep going. She'll keep saying what everyone wants to hear. It's not worth what will happen to you and your son should that situation arise.
I understand because I have an extremely large extended family, and I have a little girl and 2 boys, and they spend lots of time with males and females of all ages. And I also know that my kids make up odd stories alot, and some of them I have had to inquire into a few times, because it was one of those "something isn't right" scenarios. They all turned out to be nothing wrong, but I had to take the time to find out. Kids say the darndest things!