View Single Post
QualiTcare 07:01 PM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
FTR...my kids NEVER have had DCK in their rooms. Or in my room.

Now, QCare, I understand how you feel about men in child care.....you have made that perfectly clear in the dad's in daycare threads. However, my husband does work with me. My point with Legomom is to MINIMIZE your risk. So, my husband works with me....he would NEVER have a child alone in a bedroom, or on a bed, or giving them horsie rides.

Sure, there is the possibility that there may be a false accusation against my husband, just as there is the possibility that I could be falsely accused of mistreating a child, but we do everything we can to make sure that does not happen. Including always having at least two of here at all times, neither of us are ever alone with the children, we document EVERYTHING that could even possibly be misconstrued as abuse and NEVER, EVER, EVER would you find one of us on a bed with a DCK. No matter where that bed may be.

Allowing a 15 year old to be on a bed with a 2.5 year old DCG is asking for trouble. For the OP to be defensive about it and argumentative about it is ridiculous. I am the OP who brought the issue up about her son/dcg. I did it to remind her that these things can be misconstrued and as a warning that she may not want to allow it. I didn't say it to start a flaming war, I am genuinely concerned about the liability she could face if it were misunderstood. And, quite possibly a parent being told they are going to be held liable for their 2.5 year old daughter hurting a 15 year old may be all they need to make that accusation....people ARE retaliatory and vindictive, ya know?
How would you know how I feel from that thread? I never told you ;0)

Actually, it's not something I'd want my husband doing bc there is a higher risk of accusations IMO. When that many girls are being abused and an equal amount of women are in denial about what the males in their lives are capable of and how desperate people are for someone to point the finger at when something does happen. Do you watch TV? I just laugh my ass off at the amount of seemingly normal women who are married to OBVIOUS gay men. Denial, big time.

We're different in that you decrease the risk you think by not letting your husband lay in the bed with kids. I would rather eliminate the risk by not having him hang around young kids. That doesn't mean I don't think men should do dc. I'm all about rights. I just don't want my men (including my son) doing it. I can't see myself being attracted to a man who would be up for that type of work really and I'd be very worried if my teenage son would mess with a little girl at all.