View Single Post
SnowDayMom 10:07 AM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Welcome to the forum!

Can I ask you a couple questions?

Are you trying to find out why your child care charges for snow days?

Are you trying to convince other providers not to charge or that it isn't okay to do so?

Are you just looking to vent that some things in life aren't fair?

Are you discussing this with YOUR child care?

Bottom line, I don't understand your point. Why are you putting forth so much time and effort making sure everyone here knows you don't think it is fair to be charged for a snow day...

What is in that for you and what's in that for me? (not me personally but the providers on this board in general).

Charging for snow days isn't fair. I agree. But there are a lot more important things in life that aren't fair that deserve this kind of attention, if not more.

In the grand scheme of things, as a parent...if I had to pay my provider for a few snow days here and there and couldn't use her services, I might feel a little put out financially but if the other 99.9% of her policies AND care is good, sound quality care that I can trust with my child, it would be worth it in the end to me.

I value the bigger picture verses picking apart the small stuff....especially those things (snow days) that happen so infrequently that in a few months, we won't even remember how tough or irritating they were.

Wait, before I respond to your post, I want to make sure I'm being fair in my response, so I need a clarification. Are you genuinely just curious about why I'd put so much effort toward addressing the thing I posted to your forum about, or am I supposed to pick up on all the unspoken things I *could* read between the lines from in your post?

Unspoken, but implied things like:
"I'm tired of this discussion."
"You're beating a dead horse."
"Your issue has been thoroughly addressed, so please fade back into the interwebz and leave us alone."

And before you answer, please consider that I posted ONE original response to this thread, and since then, I've only been responding to people who have responded to me. Thus, *I'm* not driving this traffic.

Unless...I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO BE responding to those who are responding to me??

Wait, that can't be right... *consults internet handbook*