View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:10 PM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Took a class on this and it was definetly an eye opener!

I can't believe the things parents have sued over or providers have been responsible for.

I also learned: Do not let staff or your own children babysit for clients. If anything happens to the child the parents can come back on your business because staff/own child should have been taught about the childcare business. It can come back on you that they weren't.

Have children within the hours you are open. If a parent comes before openening or comes after closing and something happens to child, your insurance may not cover it as child was not there during "business" hours.

Parents legally have a right to pick up if they are under the influense. You can cover yourself by documenting, calling police or when they sign up having a form for parents to sign stating exactly what will happen if they pick up under the influence.
This is a tricky situation as more people have the medical marijuana cards and I guess this has created issues for parents picking up children from child cares if they smell like they have been smoking or appear to have been.

These are just a few of the things I did learn and heard so many stories that made your mouth just drop open.
Definitely interesting.

Wish all parents had to take that course.

It would help them understand then why I do what I do as far as rules and policies.

I already have myself covered in all the above situations.