View Single Post
Daycare Insurance 09:22 AM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by hottwhls:
Hello my wife and I run a 'Small Family Child Care' here in Southern California in the Riverside county area.
We own our own home and now have learn that our property insurance company has learn that we now run a 'Licensed Small Family Child Care' from our home and is demanding that we get 'Liability' insurance for the Child care or they will drop us from our homeowners coverage.
I thought I understood in the licensing training that as long as we have the parents sign a release form and we keep those forms on file we are ok in california?.

Can someone give me some direction,suggestions,advice and possibly a low cost insurance company that does provide this additional liability insurance that we need now?.

Thank you everyone for your help
Its very common for the homeowners company to require you get child care liability insurance. Its much better than the alternative which is being dropped or having your rates raised.

Its correct that you can have an affidavit to be in compliance with state law but it in NO WAY protects you from being sued. Insurance is extremely affordable and most companies including us offer installment plans. Give our office a call. Someone here would be more than happy to walk you through the process and answer any additional questions you may have.