View Single Post
Crazy8 07:38 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I don't charge them anything unless they bring them during the summer. I charge hourly though so maybe that makes a difference.

My husband and I have always saved and budgeted for the lower summer months. I personally have taken the summer off for the last 4-5 years and last summer was the first one I had worked in that time, but I only had one full time child and two teachers children two days a week. All of my teachers have always came back to me.
this is me too - when I have had teachers kids I do budget accordingly and some summers I had 2-3 days off a week so that was nice, but now I am in a place where I NEED the full time summer income (and I have 2 FT non-teacher families so am working 5 days anyway) so I just don't take teachers kids. I COULD demand payment all summer but like I said earlier, it would just not put me in the competitive market with all the daycares around me not batting an eye if you want to take the summer off and re-enroll in Sept. They may claim they "might" be full and can't guarantee the space come Sept. but no one around here is EVER full anymore - the recent economy has made sure of that.