View Single Post
daycarediva 10:07 AM 10-29-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Child care provider responsibilities are in no way even close to parental responsibilities and although, I agree with the concept of personal responsibility I don't think it's a valid argument to compare what parents do with THEIR children on their time with what we do with THEIR children on our time.

INMO, it's two VERY different things.

Leaving a child in a hot car is a perfect example.

Tragic accident for parents
Felony murder charges for a provider.
I agree with this.

Here and there posting when watching the kids, sure. I pop in here (it's nap and my kids are all sleeping in my eyesight right now, except for my non napper doing a puzzle). But I do pop on during free play-watching them at the same time. It's MAINLY so I 'look busy' otherwise it's MISS X MISS X MISS X and it's not free play, it's entertain miss x time.

I love my job, but it's 11+ hours, and I DO have to do things like answer emails, make phone calls and update my business facebook. I do not have a personal facebook page. I make sure the kids are busy/engaged and still supervise them during those periods of time as well.

If it was here/there, and I didn't have other supervision concerns, I would let it go.

If it was CONSTANT posting, and I did have other concerns, I would try to speak to my provider, and if it didn't improve, look for care elsewhere.