View Single Post
Baby Beluga 12:45 PM 12-08-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Update?
I'm almost afraid to update!

The past two days there has been a big improvement. She had a very rough day on Tuesday and when speaking to mom pick up she asked me why I thought she was having a hard time. I told mom in a professional yet blunt way that DCG was doing it because DCG knew it was pulling at mom's heart strings and she was getting attention for it. I told her when DCG cries, mom comes in the room, allows DCG to climb on her, mom offers to remove DCG's shoes for her, etc. It is giving DCG negative attention and she likes it. It was like a light bulb went off in mom's head.

She asked what she should do and I told her to allow DCG to walk in herself, give her a hug & kiss say I love you, I will see you after nap and make a quick exit. I explained to her it might get worse for a couple of days but once DCG realizes she won't get attention for it, it will stop.

Drop off on Wed. went well. Mom told me at pick up that she has been talking to DCG on the way here about not crying, etc. Knowing DCG's personality this was likely causing her anxiety and making the crying worse. Mom told me she didn't talk about it on Wed. and "acted normal prior to drop off" (mom's words).

DCG has still started to scream/cry when something doesn't go her way or she is frustrated, but I have noticed she is trying harder to use her words and has been asking for help more often than just immediately resorting to screaming/crying. I hope I continue to see improvement.