View Single Post
Mariposa 10:14 AM 08-10-2020
I have a once of month 30-60 minute electronic time (I have older kids. Electronics arent just tablets and such-last time a parent had their child bring an electronic horse or something) and my policies state my TV Use in the house (occasional movie like once a month at most, youtube video that gives with out curriculum).
I will know if someone doesn't agree-they don't have to provide electronics. I won't force a child to watch something, but I won't actively say "mom and dad said no" -those people can go elsewhere. But on electronic day parents can choose.
When I was in a center I did not let kids watch an older kid's game if it contained violence (because that parent approved their kid to play the game, the other parent did not) if they did not play the game themselves or were younger school-agers. I knew my families well and never had an issue.

If they are that strongly against it they can go elsewhere-they will have other things to take issue with.

Many parents throw tv's and tablets in front of their kid, anyway. Nothing new.

I also allow music anytime with headphones-they have to set it on a playlist to limit screen time. But we have Alexa on all day, too, so nobody uses the music option.