View Single Post
Abigail 04:19 PM 12-17-2011
I was too busy yesterday to come back on here, but I ordered the funshine for half the year, LOL, and the 90 pounds of boxes came the next day! I ordered them about 4 pm Thursday and they came at 2 pm Friday....I saw the UPS guy outside thinking "What the...?"

It took half hour to open 10 boxes. I like that the boxes are all the same size so they'll stack very easily. Everything comes really organized in clear bags that have the project name, what page it is from in the book, it lists the materials in the package and lists suggested materials, and how many kids it's for. I ordered for 12 kids for everything because at 75% off who could beat that?!

I could take pictures of some of the things, but I don't think they'd turn out really well. Most of the supplies included are things I can buy locally so I'm going to make sure to keep a list. In the book each day is one full page and when you turn the page it is the next day. It would take about 10 minutes to read through the page to prepare for the day. The craft projects seem to be about 2-3 per week for fireflies. I have not looked at the buttercups package yet or the Christian kits yet. Very little prep work for crafts though and I went through the month of December here and it's like cut string in half or cut paper in half and distribute to the children. They really could have had it all ready, but it's a prepackaged curriculum and it's never going to be perfect.

In the end, I love it so far! I will not be using it until September, but I will be going through it when I can and scanning things into the computer to save it. Lots of pre-cut things and some things that I will want to laminate. I'll wait on laminating since I don't have the whole year. I think I will still order the rest of the year when it goes on clearance and I can always add in a project here or there. What months did you order?