View Single Post
My3cents 10:02 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by LadyPearl:
I am new at daycare and I already understand this. Today happens to be a day that dcd brought kids to me while dcm had the day off. I don't get it because the kids could have slept in a little plus the weather is horrible and they know I have to load everybody up to pick up school kids.

My sil also brings my nephew to his daycare on her day off so she can do housework. It's kind of a joke between my husband and I. She drives probably an hour roundtrip to do this. I don't get it!
Its allowed. In my handbook I am specific that I am not a babysitter. I am a provider. I am here for when your working or in school. When your not working or in school you need to be with your child. I also tell my parents I understand the need for a "me" day but be honest with me and tell me that your taking a day for yourself. This also informs me of where the parent is going to be if not at work in case I need to contact them for an emergency situation. Cell phones don't always come through as a reliable way of contacting a parent. Most of my parents are good about this- because I have been up front with them from day one on how I like to run my daycare. I don't want to be viewed as a babysitter- babysitters get paid more then me for less work and hours-