View Single Post
LysesKids 01:19 PM 03-14-2016
Originally Posted by Mariahsaint:
Which thankfully I know now, however I've met a lot of homeschooling moms who didn't know they could do that. Nor did I for the first year. (Though that might be all my fault! )

How do you go about getting specific lab work done? Some colleges require it depending on the major, and that's a concern of mine.

(Sorry OP, I know this is off topic)
Well for chemistry, we had the option of DD taking one class at the High school (the one that kept making her ill which is why we went back to Homeschooling in the first place) and when that failed 6 weeks in, I did some Kitchen experiments with her - including making soap in a Blender; Lye is dangerous and you must measure precise etc etc. We used Singapore Science for High school also... they do Biology, Chemistry & Physics all at the same time over a couple of years then they do O levels. You need to be up to speed on Math basics thru Algebra 2 at minimum to pull it off.

I was already making soap in bulk on weekends as a side business, so that was easy for Kitchen Chemistry stuff. She decided to get a 4 year liberal Art degree, minoring in medical - she took Biology instead of Chemistry, so our basic stuff worked... Not sure if one needed to have a real heavy Lab class what I would have done except hunt down a group of other homeschooling moms that needed to do the same & higher a teacher?