View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:29 AM 09-29-2012
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I don't have a website and don't plan on having one since I'm almost full and am content at the moment.
I have been full for years. I have a wait list with calls coming in daily for care. I still made a web-site.

My web-site wasn't necessarily made to entice or attract clients (although I am sure it helps) but was made to tell people who I am, what I stand for and what I do within my business. I want people in my community to know I am an established business and have put a ton of hard work and thought into my program.

My web-site is also my go-to site when parents do call inquiring about care.

Like I said, I have a full boat and kids on a wait list but when interested families call me, I don't always have time to tell them all about me or what I do so I simly direct them to my web-site. If they are still interested after that, they can call and get on a wait list for future openings.

I don't advertise or put my site out there so if anyone has seen it, it was from me directing them to it or from them stumbling across it. A majority of my callers get my name and number from word of mouth or from my daycare.com listing or from the local CCR&R lists.

Bottom line is, just because you are full doesn't mean a website isn't a useful and valuable business tool. It can be so much more than just advertising to potential clients.