View Single Post
pintsize 07:45 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We were told the LEAST expensive meal would be disallowed if we neglected to serve or mark whole grains one day. And we haven't been told anything about warnings until September, just that they'd give us a break in the beginning so I don't know how long that lasted or will last.
I asked my rep specifically about Triscuits and Wheat Thins and she said both were counted as WGR. I didn't ask about Goldfish because we don't have those often enough. Seriously, the dcks eat cereal for a.m. 2-3x a week here and it's either Cheerios, or Frosted Mini Wheats so those count. Most of my kiddos won't eat oatmeal unless it's highly sugared up. They also eat Rice Chex but that doesn't count, right?
So between brown rice, the cereals, WW bagels, and crackers, we get the whole grains in with no problems. They also like whole grain breads which I've always served.

I wish the rules were the exact same for everyone, then everyone would know wth to do!

Thanks for the reply, that actually makes a lot of sense because when my own children are claimed for breakfast lunch snack and dinner it's the breakfast that is disallowed, the least expensive meal since they are allowed 2 meals and a snack daily