View Single Post
laundrymom 10:41 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
THIS is why I post so very rarely. The judgements and high horsedness is nauseating some times.

The parents still swaddle. She WILL NOT SLEEP if she isn't swaddled. She is 9 months old and needs to sleep much more than she does. I have let her get up, but she is MISERABLE and rubbing eyes and thrashing around frustrated from being tired. The mom gets frustrated BECAUSE she is so tired when she picks her up. I can't make her sleep any longer.

If I didn't wrap the babies, they wouldn't sleep. I have requested sleep sacks from teh parents, and some have brought them, some have not and just request good old fashioned swaddling. I talked to my licensor and my state does not have regulations about swaddling. So I am not doing anything wrong.
If you KNOW having blankets in the crib increase the risks of SIDS, and you STILL do it you ARE doing it wrong. I dont give a Rats butt if its against regs or not its WRONG It's fact. Not opinion. Not some crazy way to try to ruin your day, it is fact. And it is your JOB to educate your parents about it. It's your JOB to educate yourself. This child and you may have a very tough month or three but I guarantee my annual salary before taxes, this child CAN learn to sleep without a blanket wrapped around them and the sooner you teach them the better. Babies don't grow smaller and I'm wondering just how long and to what lengths you will go to to keep them wrapped? Wow, ok blood pressure raised a bit, I'm off to have some tea. I deleted part of my response that was mean. I'm not trying to be mean. However if I could go back in time and say these things to my family member who is going through a SIDS death, you can lay money that I would. I would scream it from the rooftops. In my sweet niece Marie's memory, please rethink your sleep practices. I'm not being mean. I'm trying to spare other families the pain and guilt our has.