View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I found a new daycare and was really excited about the way she ran her daycare. Natural/organic food, all homemade meals (no processed food, she even bakes her own bread) lots of creative ideas for kids, outdoor play. She was very what I call a "crunchy granola mom" type. She did inform me on the phone that she was a "well child" daycare and that she had a strict policy for ill children not coming to her house. I figured it was because she did not like giving her kids medicine and tried to only give her family herbs and stuff for being sick. I'm in the medical research field, so we did not see eye to eye on this subject, but I figured, to each their own.

When we went to interview her...first of all, she acted like SHE was interviewing ME. I feel that she has no right to interview me since I pay HER. Second, she busts out with, "By law, I have to tell you that my children are not immunized." I just stare at her for a minute and ask her why. She says, "We claim exemption based on our personal philosophical beliefs." The she just smiles and waits for me to reply. I am stunned...flabbergasted...I tell her that I CANNOT believe she would be so ignorant. She then proceeds to tell me, a PhD, how she has researched it for the better part of 12 years (her oldest daughter is 12, I think) and is firm in her decision and that maybe my family is not a good match for her daycare....all said with a smug smile. I could not believe the way we were treated by that ignorant hippie! I was wondering if anyone knew the daycare laws in Michigan, can I have her shut down? I will be looking into what I can do to protect the rest of our community from disease from that house!! Any information that I get from here will be appreciated and put toward that effort.
Okay, first off; is this a joke??? If not, I am sorry this comes off as b.....y (rhymes with witchy) but this type of attitude royally p's me off!

I cannot believe how judgemental and rude your post is!!! This woman went from "crunchy granola" type to "ignorant hippie" in less than 100 words....WTH? Just because you have a PhD does not make you better or smarter than her. How do you know what her reasoning or line of thinking comes from?

Many many people choose not to immunize their children. The children who are not immunized are the ones at risk...not yours, so get over yourself! I cannot believe someone with a Phd does not implement the use of critical thinking skills...there are many reasons and lots of research that says it is both a good and bad thing to immunize...But no matter what, it is NOT your place to say what is best for her children. Plus if this woman was law abiding and informed you that her kids aren't immunized don't you think the state or county that licensed her already knows about it?? Plus it isn't against the law!!!

And on a side note SHE is interviewing you! SHE gets to decide if your child(ren) can play in HER house with HER toys, HER children, HER home, HER job. SHE has the right to make the decision on whether or not SHE wants you to come to HER home.

SHE is obviously the smart one even though she has no Phd because she knew enough not to accept you into her program and it was a good thing because you turned on her in a red hot minute because she did not share YOUR thoughts and ideas!! Who is the ignorant one?

Wow!!