Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
rhondawarren 04:42 AM 03-21-2012
I thought I would come by and vent before I started my work day today lol.

I started watching this family about three weeks ago. They have a two year old and a four year old. I really hadnt gone through my rates to know what I really should be charging so my rates were set way to low (until now that I have decided to definately change them). So this family started and they arent paying near enough, they have two children and I agreed to watch them two days a week later than my normal closing time. They are full time but there dad "would be picking them up two days a week at 6:20p" and the mom would get them at 5p or 5:30p on the other days. Well now it is that the dad gets them more than the two days a week at 6:20p and when the mom does come to get them she comes when she feels like it most days around 6pm. She has already told me that her shift ends at 4:30p previously.

Anyways .... thats not my biggest vent. The oldest is the little girl. She is 4. Well she is suppose to be potty trained. She doesnt wear a pull up or anything and goes #1 fine. But ... she will not use #2 unless its in her pants. Twice since she has been in my care she has done #2 and both times ... it was in her pants! The first time it happened I called them and the dad said to just clean her up and put her in a diaper. He said she does this all of the time at home. I was like .... ummm really? I thought she was potty trained. So now I have not only charged a rate way to low but I had also given them a discounted rate for the second child (yes ... the one pooping in her pants).

Just had to vent this morning =) I feel better now!

Oh yeah ... they do not bring her a change of clothes either. So yesterday I had to let her wear some of my daughters clothes just so the poor child would have something clean to wear!