View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:43 PM 11-23-2009
Well today the boy was surprisingly good...I couldn't believe it!! It was like a new kid! I wonder if my sticker chart I made on Friday and praise when I was catching good behavior set in...or if it was an unusal day for him to be good. Only time will tell. But today wasn't horrible/terrible like last week was.

I can't even describe it, last week was so hard to listen to all that yelling and whining he was doing...despite my greatest effort to guide him in the right direction. I put all my effort into him last week...I try to be a problem solver and make things better by using what I know to teach them what is acceptable.

The boy did have a liver transplant 2 years ago and is on many different medicines....so I wonder if this has something to do with his potty training?? His poops are runny so I'm still confused if it is a lazy issue or medical issue.

His mom said she JUST started using pull ups...I'm still learning him but I'm thinking most of it is stubborn/laziness (just doesn't want to stop what he's doing to go). I asked him after school to come use the potty and he was being rather stobborn and would not come..I tried grabbing his hand to guide him to the bathroom and he started whining aggressively...toward the end of the day he was getting back to his old last weeks' ways.

I just pray his good behavior keeps up, I can deal with bad moments and bad days...but last week was excessive.