View Single Post
LysesKids 07:59 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I imagine this is a common complaint among people who are down on the floor with small children all the time. This knee has given me trouble for a few years, since before I was doing daycare. Periodically I will have a day where it just gives out on me. Painless, but randomly stops supporting my weight. It started hurting a couple weeks ago, then stopped hurting after a day. Started hurting again last night and now it is quite puffy! Is this something you guys deal with with all of your up-and-down and on the ground time?
Not only did I break my knee decades ago, but damaged it 3 times since starting childcare... right knee & hip so bad I actually closed last year & found another job (only working 30 hrs week) that is slightly less stressful, but I technically qualified for SSI ... I didn't qualify for ssdi as I was short 1 credit a year the last 4 years of childcare due to income. SSI was taken away due to a trust I am part of , but can't force 14 others to sell off their share (that damn 300 month dividend sucks)