View Single Post
PitterPatter 02:57 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
There is a daycare out of a rental home down the street from me. She did have to give a slightly larger deposit, but the landlord was fine with it.

My personal feeling is that is isn't anyones business to be checking in to see if someone else has permission.
Well my concern is for the children mainly. It's not like I am trying to start trouble or anything. If I had a young child I wouldn't want them kept in a single (small) room all day 5 days a week 10 hrs per day. I don't see how they can get the exersize they need in basically 1 room unless she uses her bedroom for something. And an apartment I could see but in an elderly tower complex it just didn't make sense to me. She said she never leaves the apartment and has them 10 hrs a day. It just sounds like something the state would not approve of. I know the monitor told me when I started yrs ago, they wanted the children outside for at least an hour per day.

Also I didn't think an elderly complex manager/owner would allow young children or a business in the building. So I was just asking to see how common it really is.

Thanks for all the input!