View Single Post
LuckyLeo 06:55 PM 07-26-2011
Hi! I am very new at Daycare... very new. Three weeks ago I started providing care for a 3 year old girl and 2 year old boy. They are siblings and I have been friends with their mother for over 5 years now. I felt blessed that she was needing a daycare provider just as I was beginning, and although I still feel blessed, I also feel tormented.

The 2 kids are nothing like how they were when their mother and I visited in the past. I am constantly catching the little girl lying to me and the little boy pretends that everything is a weapon. These are both big no-nos in my home. The two of them hit each other and call everything "mine". I am also finding out their mom does not really parent them. She just lets them do whatever they want at home.

My 1st concern is the influence these two children will have on my own toddler. He so far has not copied any of their negative behavior, only the positive. I also know that he understands the rules of the house, and I am diligent in teaching my Daycare kids what is appropriate. I was just wondering what other peoples experiences were with this. I guess I am just worrying about a possibility, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

My 2nd concern is the lack of parenting. I know that I can't tell her how to parent her children... so I just wanted to know how others handle this part mentally. It frustrates me beyond belief when the kids are so happy to see her and she does not show any joy at all towards them.

Just looking for advice... sorry for the long post!