View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:49 AM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Mom isn't ever early for drop off...she's late. DCG is suppose to be here at 740am but shows up anytime between then and 9am! At 830am, we start our daily activities so it's bothersome when we never know or if she's coming for the day.

DCM told me that her hours at work changed. Her drop off has remained the same but her drop off is now 30 minutes earlier yet DCM and DCD both are pushing that 30-45 minutes sometimes twice a week! They think that by bringing her in at 9am, they can pick up later too and I've told them that's not how it works!
That is the toughest one to get parents to understand!! I hate that one! Maybe when they drop off late, you could say "Wow, it's too bad that you paid for 30 minutes this morning already and now you wasted it. You could've had a full 8 hour day but you dropped off late." I know that wouldn't really work but sheesh! Some parents!

I whole heartedly agree then with you about the probationary period! I almost think you should give them a two week probationary period instead of 30 days....that's a long time to get their ducks in a row when they shouldn't have let them get so lost in the first place! Especially since you have already talked to them about this.

Good luck, I hate being that situation. Hopefully they will take you serious and try to fix this. If not "Buh-Bye" I guess, and then you won't have to deal with them at all.

In the mean time, hang in there!