Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by slorey:
Thanks ladies. The problem is that I never actually gave her dates for my vacation. It was understood that I was going to follow the school calendar this year, as I have the past 2 years. Our school calendar doesn't match her school calendar, which is where the problem is. Oh well, I am thinking of closing for good at the end of the year to go back to teaching (subbing until I get my foot in the door) so all this might not matter anyway, as I wouldn't be taking her in January if I do that! Wish I could make up my mind about that, but that is an entirely different vent!
Oh okay...I understand now. Still when I say "OUR" school calendar, I mean the one in which I live in.

I have DCM's that work in 3 different surrounding school districts but I make it clear to them that my school calendar may not match theirs so they need to do the cross checking etc to meet their scheduling needs.

Sorry to hear you are thinking about permanently closing... or maybe congratulations instead.. ?? Either way, there is still plenty of time for you to decide.