View Single Post
Josiegirl 10:03 AM 08-15-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
This is honestly the worst advice. You don't give up/stop potty training a neurotypical child. Maybe WATCH your child so he doesn't defecate all over your home.
Um yeh, not following this advice anytime soon.

It is terribly discouraging and frustrating when potty training isn't going smoothly. It's something that needs encouragement and guidance; different things work for different kids. But a dcf and a dc need to be on somewhat of the same page when it starts.
Spanking for potty accidents is never ever okay!! Nor is the possibility of having to leave them in the bathroom for hours on end for success.

I have a just recently turned 3 yo dcg who has been working on potty training for weeks. Some days she did sooo good that I thought 'this is it!' Then the next week she wouldn't use the potty at all. She's been doing this for several weeks now. This past weekend, dcg had 1 accident so dcm asked if she could wear undies. I said sure, we'll try it. Dcd drops off this a.m. and said she already went to the bathroom, she should be good for awhile. Ten minutes later she stands up on my living room carpet and pees. So I told her ok, if you want to wear your cute undies here, you have to keep them dry. An hour later she told me so we went; that's when I decided we'd keep the undies but add pull ups too. Total so far today she's gone through 2 pr. of undies but she's also peed/pooped on the potty 4x. So we'll keep to this routine and see what happens.

I know this is an old thread and I would hope like heck the OP's problem has gone away. But potty training is always an issue, just like nap time.