View Single Post
Mom2Two 11:30 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I would be really straight up with mom and dad. I would have started sleep training about 7 months ago, but I still think it's possible to get him on board, if you can keep a consistent nap routine. If not or if it messes with your mental health or the mental health of the other children in your care, then the best thing to do is to terminate.

I would definitely bring back morning nap, because he has yet to conquer nap issues in general, so taking one away is only going to aggravate the situation. If he comes at 8, he eats and goes for nap from 9-10:30. Wake, eat, play, nap at 1 with the other kids. Put him in his crib and say night night. And then let him be. If it becomes too stressful for you, or you are not comfortable with letting him cry it out, then tell parents you will be calling for pickup and reconsider termination.
Yes, to that ^^^

Even if he was sleeping well at night, I personally wouldn't try to meddle with a child that age having a morning nap.

And for the other stuff...

I would sympathize with the parents and try to explain that CIO might be a good option. Even my LO who has had medical issues, and who we had to feed in the night til she was almost two, when she started waking five times in the night at 9 mths, I did some CIO. I am not a super-being. It worked in a week, and we were back to 1-2 times waking in the night, which was the limit of my abilities.

I don't know that we can talk super-authoritatively on stuff that borders on being a medical issue though (sleep needs for infant). Have you asked them what their pediatrician recommends for the sleep? We know that all pedis have heard this exact same story a 1000 times.

And you could have them run the car seat sleep thing by the pedi too...