View Single Post
Annalee 10:12 AM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Glad you’re finding some fun in this year
Those kinds of mental health breaks are soooo needed right now

My go-to sports have been running a partial season with only half the regular participants involved so not even worth watching .
In the after-game press conference, our coach began with no matter how it goes "win or lose this year" in college football that these student athletes are inspirational as they are not able to be normal as they sit in dorm rooms with school work but these students still competed and maintained a level of normalcy however, the "mental health" could not be measured. His speech from last night has drawn attention today because it really put things in perspective. Mental health for us can not be measured per se with stats like the covid counts that are sent out daily here in my state and I'm sure other states as well. His speech definitely stuck with me as I was only thinking about the botched punts, poor-thrown passes, etc. But these coaches are having to be more than coaches this year and those play making mistakes were not the priority after that game from the coach's standpoint.