View Single Post
debbiedoeszip 06:33 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I asked the older kids to write lists of things they'd like to do looking forward to the summer. One of them refused, saying there's never anything to do.
And the other 2 came up with a few ideas after I tried to get their creative thinking juices flowing. But most of their ideas weren't quite as feasible as I was hoping. One dcg said she'd give horse-back riding lessons. Now I hate to shoot her idea out of the water but we don't have horses. They both said cooking with 1 mentioning different cultures(any ideas on that??) and the other mentioning fried pickles and ramen noodles. Ah, no. Just no. lol But I'm sure we can come to some acceptable common ideas.

Then they all wanted to make their own fairy doors so they'd all get their own fairies. It was hard enough for me to keep up with 1 fairy's activities last summer, let alone 7 of them. Plus they were excited to hear from our fairy but never wanted to write back or do anything to keep it active and fun.
I need some really engaging ideas for SA kids who are lazy, get bored, don't want to do anything that even hints of school work, etc.
So if anyone has ideas for a crowd like that, I would LOVE to hear them!!!
I don't know what your community is like but I have been contemplating what I'd do with SA kids during the summer and some of my ideas are to basically take them on walking field trips (one each non-rainy day) to the library, local parks (some touristy, some with nature trails, some with splash pads), geocaching, farmer's market, bowling, cheap matinee movies, etc (with parents paying for bowling or movies). But I live in a small town of about 15k people and live about a 10-15 minute walk from the downtown area so I can do a bunch of things without having to walk for hours just to get there. After several hours of walking, playing, exploring, they'll probably be happy to just hang at your home (with crafts, toys, books, board games, card games, etc).