View Single Post
Baby Beluga 08:14 AM 04-25-2018
I am seeking your advice and wisdom please

I legally have 4 daily spaces. Right now I have 2 DCK's who are full time and the remaining spaces are shared between part timers. The past few months this has worked out great and I have 4 children daily.

In August my part timers are leaving to go to K. This leaves me with the following openings.

M - 1 opening.
T - full (2 full timers and 2 half day siblings)
W - 1 opening
Th - full (2 full timers and 2 half day siblings)
F - 1 opening

The parents of one current DCK who goes to K in August wants to start paying now to reserve the spot for their infant. She is 5 months now. I will enroll as young as 12 months, if certain developmental milestones have been met. I have expressed that it is too early to reserve their spot (who wants to pay for something months before they can use it?!) but they have expressed they are willing to pay as early as they need to reserve the infants spot. Right now I have 1 opening on M W F. They would prefer full time enrollment.

I also just enrolled another DCB beginning in August on a M W F basis. Mom is a lawyer, and they would also prefer full time enrollment but "because they like me so much" they are okay with part time for now. Mom has expressed numerous times though that she would prefer full time.

If I term my 2 T/TH half day students, that would leave me with 4 M-F full time students. I would prefer this myself. As keeping track of who is here daily, sending out emails to everyone, etc is getting a bit confusing. Having 4 of the same full timers M-F would just be easier for me mentally.

But, I don't want to hurt the family of my 2 half day kids. They are a wonderful family. How do I term, but do so on good terms?

I don't have room for them to go full time. Nor would they want to. Mom is an esthiecian and works very part time from home.