View Single Post
daycare 10:59 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
I understand why you're feeling like all is lost, but from the sounds of it there is still loads you can try!

I've never seen a kiddo aggress with no forewarning. I've seen plenty of kids aggress seemingly with no forewarning but that was only when the adult in charge wasn't picking up on the child's signal that a meltdown was imminent.

What you need to do is really pay attention and identify her triggers. Guaranteed she has them, you just have to sort out what they are. From there you intervene BEFORE she hits boiling point and help her to work through her feelings in a more productive way. You can redirect her BEFORE she is able to hurt someone else.

If all else fails you have her shadow you and don't allow her to have any direct contact with the other kids until she has shown that she can interact properly with them from a distance.
this..... you need to stop them before they happen. If you learn her signs of when she starts to show frustration, you can stop the behavior before it starts.