View Single Post
Josiegirl 04:10 PM 06-27-2014
For ladies who have done ten years or more of IN HOME child care, may I ask your opinion

Of the last ten years of experience can you tell me the percentage of kids in your child care who are well behaved, respectful, calm, kind, good eaters, and sleep well?

Best estimate around 30%(seems like it's a lot to ask of kids these days)

Out of that percentage can you tell me what percent of their parents do you believe were doing a good job as parents? Meaning they disciplined fairly, had expectations of good behavior, fed healthy food, kept kids clean in well fitted clothing, expected reasonable sleep... rest schedules, expected manners.. and spent a good amount of awake time with their kids.

I believe they all(mostly all) had their best interests at heart and meant well with the way they disciplined, etc. While I don't agree with a lot of different things they did, I'd have to say maybe 70% were trying their very best

Now the same question of the last five-years. Same

Now the same questions of the last year. Same

Last question. In your entire experience of ten years plus... what percentage of kids have you had where the parents were what you would consider top quality parents but had kids with poor behavior over the years you had the kids?

20% I had 1 dcf, perfect older sister but younger brother was a biter, didn't listen, rules didn't apply to him, absolutely strong-willed all the way. 2 completely opposite kids from same family and I don't suspect they were brought up all that differently. Wonderful parents and I still think very highly of them.

Not that you asked this but I want to offer my opinion anyways. I think so many parents believe to be a good parent these days they need to offer a zillion choices to their kids to the point where the kids are getting to call too many of the shots. Their kids run the whole family's lives so try to run everybody else's too.

ETA: 32 years of in-home daycare