View Single Post
earlystart 11:02 AM 01-14-2015
I have something written in my policies that says I don't have specialized training in special needs, but will work with an IEP or let a therapist come over during the day as long as I can accommodate it. It also says if I feel a child needs one-on-one support, the parent must provide and pay for a shadow or I will have to terminate the contract for the greater good of the group as a whole. So perhaps you can say something like "I'm going to have to give you a two week notice that your child is on probation for hitting. If the behavior doesn't improve in that time I will have to terminate our contract. If you're able to get an evaluation with AEA and work out a plan, then perhaps your child can stay as long as she is showing improvement". So, it's time to give them the ultimatum, you have no reason to believe her behavior is going to improve on its own without intervention. You don't have to cite any suspected diagnosis, all you have to do is cite her behavior and the disruption it's causing your program.