View Single Post
SilverSabre25 10:00 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
really? where? just curious as theres no such thing here . latex free gloves yes but not the whole school.

my childrens schools (3 diff ones) will tend to specific allergies mostly food allergies but thats it.

tho i must say that here in my area most parents are or have gone to homeschooling their kids.
When I was in school, there was a girl a few years behind me with a severe latex allergy. Each school she was in was a latex-free school--no latex gloves, balloons, band-aids, nothing latex. My niece's school has a student with this allergy now and is a latex-free zone. MANY elementary schools have nut-free classrooms, and I have heard of nut-free schools entirely (same with summer camps, daycare centers, etc). I have heard of one scent-free classroom in an area school.

Most food and environmental allergies are not that serious, this is true. But some few are very, VERY touchy and even being in the same room with the allergen can cause an attack--and if it's anaphylactic, then one attack can be fatal.