View Single Post
Ariana 05:09 PM 11-27-2019
I think you should feel comfortable enough and confident enough to take charge when you want something done. Or at least voice your opinion. It is so hard to be the “new kid”, you get no respect, you are working with people who have no souls left and are just going through the motions (I have been there). Just remain confident in yourself and your abilities and do your thing. This job will get infinitely worse for you and start affecting your mental health if you don’t speak up. You don’t have to be rude or mean just simply ask “oh you guys don’t change diapers first? When do you do that”? Or “do you always feed them in buggy’s because I don’t feel it is safe. I am going to go ahead and bring them to the table”.

I was a new hire at a centre and there was a little girl who puked on her cot at nap time. The other ladies did nothing. I asked “she just puked, should I clean it up or do you guys have a cleaner”? The lady with no soul said “she pukes every day at nap to get attention, we just ignore her”. Shocked I said “You cannot leave a child sitting in their own vomit to teach them some sort of lesson..”. And I went and got the kid up, changed her, cleaned up the vomit and got her a new bed. They just watched me. I spoke up many times. At the end of the month I got a better paying job somewhere else and the director offered me a huge raise to stay. I left, but just know that not everyone is annoyed by people who speak up and do what is right.