View Single Post
nannyde 09:11 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Not only do we have different titles, views and ways of running a child care, a majority of us are parents too and we have to consider our own parenting philophies in this too!

Some are old school, some are AP, some are blended, some are single, some are new, some are older and some are a mixture of a bunch of it all rolled together.

We also have to consider geopgraphical locations too....what is the norm in one area is unheard of in another. In my community, transporting child care children is absolutely not the norm. I don't think many parents here would be ok with that but I know in other areas, it is not only the norm but expected.

Same goes for licensing rules/regs in the different states. I cannot suggest to someone in Cali to use an excersaucer or swing if they aren't allowed to use them. So like every other aspect, little things have an effect on what we say, believe, feel and post.
That so true. Doing child care in California is SO very different than here. I would never open a child care there because I believe in the use of confining equipment for other than sleep or eat. I use bouncy seats, play yard baby zones, swings when they are teeny tiny and new, strollers, high chairs, etc.

Just THAT alone would make your day completely different.
What one state says is illegal... another state has no opinion on at all. Something like that can define your day pretty easily.