View Single Post
CheekyChick 02:42 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I would say "let it roll off your back". Don't give it legs. If you get worked up about it you give the comment energy that manifests itself into something else. After 24 hours there is really little that stays with me from what I read here. Move on. ( I need a male cheerleader smiley)

Michael,

Believe me, I have no problem letting things roll off my back. I get on these boards KNOWING that I will not agree with every opinion, nor will everyone agree with me. I was only stating that when I disagreed with a well-known poster – her and her friends jumped on me like gangbusters. Since then, I haven’t felt welcome here.

I’d also like to add, I am not afraid of a little friendly debate, or even a huge debate, but when I am personally attacked for giving MY opinion, I think that’s where the moderators should jump in and not allow the bullying or intimidation.

In closing, I think that giving a differing opinion does not bode well on this forum and I (personally believe) that many posters leave this board, stop posting (and begin lurking), or are simply too afraid to post. I think that is a shame because there is so much to gain by interacting with men and women who work in the same field.

Thank you for listening…