View Single Post
Unregistered 10:56 AM 02-16-2018
If theres one thing you learn in this business its to be direct and strict.
When I first opened my daycare I too let parents step all over me. But that made me miserable and made me hate my job. So I decided I need to run my daycare like an actual business and make strict rules that not only I follow but the parents too.

I had a parent who also liked to hang out after hours talking. I let her know that late pick up was unacceptable. I planned my personal appointments, knowing I close at 6pm and that late pick up interferes with that. Under no circumstance do I allow for late pick up ( unless its a real emergency ) But it seems like its happening frequently to you. And I made it clear in my contract that its $5 per every 10min late. That parent never came late again or decided to hang out.

I also had a parent who liked to come in and hang out during drop off. I let her know that she was welcome, however drop off had to be made quickly. Unfortunately I am responsible for the other children and cannot be distracted. We also have a schedule to follow and her long drop off period was interfering with that.

Seems like you really need to update your contract and stick by what you say. IF not your only going to let the job drive you crazy. Dealing with the parents is the hardest part of this business