View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Update on this. I finally had a really long talk with the parents about this. Conclusion that she has issues with being alone, they said that when they aren't in the room with her she panics and freaks out, here it is that she doesn't want to watch the movie alone, not that she is alone but that no one is constantly "beside" her on the couch.
So she found out that one of the other kiddos is out today so she has been doing nothing but crying the last hour. I am patient trying to explain to her that she isn't alone just because someone isn't on the couch with her, I'm here I just not going to lay beside her. (she sleeps with mom and dad).
Would you call the parents and tell them to pick her up? It is in my contract that if a child is crying and uncontrollable and not interacting normally that I can't properly take care of them or the other children. However if I do this then she wins, that is exactly what she wants. This is so frustrating, all the kids keep asking why she's crying and why she's sad and keep watching her. I just don't know what to do with this.
Honestly yes, I would call the parents.

I absolutely believe children have fears of unknown and new situations but from everything you've said about this child (in this thread and your previous one) it sounds to me like the parents are cultivating this anxiety and this need to have things a certain way.

I would absolutely bow out of it.....this is the situation THEY created by catering to her and I don't think you should have to continually listen to crying (even quietly) or whining all day....the focus of her attention seems to vary as things change within your daily routine and it's clear that she is not in control of so she whines/cries.

Even her parents are telling you that she runs the show.
She has an adult at her beck and call at home so she telling you through her actions that she is not happy that you aren't willing to be "her personal adult" like her parents are for her.

Because I believe (based on what you've posted so far) that this issue is parent rooted, I would call for pick up.

So sorry you are having to deal with that.