View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:15 PM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I don't do it and to be honest I tried but I didn't like doing it. I prefer the developmental approach vs the scholastic approach and I'd rather the kids learn to socialize and learn the basics through playing. Maybe once I finish taking my child development courses and do the curriculum courses I'll feel like I know what Im doing and I'll give it another shot . I just feel like it's a lot of work when most of my DC kids are under 3yrs kwim?
I agree with this....and I did go back to school and get my education. I find that the children I care for are all under Kindy age and really need developmentally appropriate activites that help them learn self-help skills and independence vs academic skills.

The reading, writing and all the 1,2,3's and A,B,C's come naturally if the environment is supportive of their natural development. I will leave the actual teaching to the teachers in public school and will instead focus on manners, emotional maturity, self help, taking turns, sharing and how to use silverware and cups without lids instead.