View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 04:26 PM 06-12-2015
Originally Posted by Renae82:
It was already mentioned but I love Zoo Phonics! I just started it last November and all my kids know the sounds and signals. Some of them know the letters as well and I have a 3 year old that is now starting to read. I am going to buy the preschool package this summer. I was not sold on it at first so I just gathered some materials I found through a google search and watching youtube videos. I'm very pleased with it and will be buying the $300 package.
Yes, zoo phonics is a good option and like already mentioned it is pricey but apparently worth it. A fellow child care provider friend held a training for teaching the alphabet and phonics (she was previously a kindergarten teacher) and says it's good if you're just getting started.

I never bought it but I ended up using my own cards and learned the song and actions from YouTube lol Zoophonics Sounds.

I'm a lot like Daycare, I find things I think the kids will like and take things I like from different teaching styles and mic them all up lol. I incorporate a Montessori, RIE, The California Learning Foundations, The Family Childcare Curriculum, Preschool Palace, Zoo Phonics etc into one big mass of activities lol.