View Single Post
Unregistered 04:52 PM 04-28-2009
Well I'm not a registered daycare, but I do watch a few families. Well one of my families just up and decided to pull their child out. WASN'T going to even call me or anything.
So I find out their not bringing their son back, only by me calling and trying to figure out where the child is.
So any how to ge to to my point, I have contracts with my families, to try and avoid any issues that may come my way. Well DOESN'T help. I state in there that they must giveTWO (2) paid weeks notice. Well I had mentioned it to the parents. Now ironically they won't take my calls or anything. I have left them e-mails and text messages REMINDING them about the contract. I told them I wanted the payment by a certain time as it's stated in the contract they were suppose to pay it as they decided to pull their child out.
So my question is.. can I take them to small claims court since I have contracts, even though I'm not a registered daycare?

I read some of your peoples messages, and no people you care for DO not think of the fact that we have all the same bills as them. It's pretty sad that they can take advantage of people taking care of their child. People now a days just are for themself...