View Single Post
LittleScholars 12:34 PM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
That was my qualm about Brightwheel also. We have busy mornings and I don't think I'd be able to put anything on the schedule until naptime.

I want to use some type of app like this because then pickups would be quicker. I try to keep it short but a convo is always started or it leads to other things.
It really would be a pain to update all day. I DON'T, and parents know that I don't update in real time. I send pictures a few times throughout the day (I have media releases to share on the app), and they love that. Parents get push notifications if I add a photo or if I add a note, so they know when to check-in if they look forward to those. I use the note feature for more prominent moments I want to draw a parent's attention to, because there is also an "activity" feature that I can use to update parents on special things we did that day.

As far as the logistics, I update at nap or if I have a moment of downtime during free play. Since I don't have infants, I don't update every potty break after they potty train or if they haven't started truly training. We just all understand no news is good news/things are routine. For things like meals, I don't say much unless they didn't eat much or did great trying something new.

I like that I can send mass updates to all of the families, which makes it so much quicker if I'm adding a note that applies to all of the kiddos. Truthfully, I have days I'm better at updating and days I'm not as great. If I'm super tied up I just send updates during nap.

I can definitely see how that would be a pain for an infant that requires more updates or if parents expected live updates.

To your point, I do love that there isn't much at all to report at pick up. I actually get to catch up with the adults at pick up, which I love.