View Single Post
My3cents 11:31 AM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
This thread irritates me because we can't afford to do any of those things. We pay our taxes, all of our bills, and have a very tight food budget. If we go to a movie (once a year maybe), we have to plan ahead and budget for it.

We do not qualify for government assistance because my dh makes over the limit- it is so stupid because he makes commission and they go by "gross" income when calculating assistance- BUT- his commission is taxed like a corporate gift, at a rate of 40%, so we net very little, and his base pay is pathetic.

The system is totally corrupt. I am so sick of the loopholes. He works at a bank and sees people all the time coming to cash their government checks, only to literally smoke it up on drugs and come back the next day looking for more. But we are feeding our family of 4 on $50 a week... Sorry but this thread really hit a sore spot.
It hits many sore spots for many people but nothing is being done about it! More programs are created to give more out. I can remember one year we were down $ and my husband made dollars short of being able to get reduced lunch for our kids. We were asking for reduced, not free. UGH!!! Hard working, truly hard working families can't get help, but have a child and be single or live with the father and get endless....... this is not do down anyone that receives help, but to down anyone that abuses the system and chooses to live off it forever!!!