View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:44 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You said " No snot here" And you avoid "kid stuff" Do you care for human kids? Because the reality is little toddlers have snot and are not capable of always containing it. They also get sticky and play in dirt. At least on planet Earth. Maybe I missing something here? Also you exclude for snot and still get paid? Wow, too good to be true. I must have this daycare thing all wrong.
When I said "no snot" I meant ON me.

I do exclude kids that have excessive runny noses AND aren't capable of managing it on their own. Those kids that have runny noses and can use a tissue and not get it all over aren't excluded. I don't find any of that odd.

Do I care for human kids? Are you seriously asking or are you being facetious because I am not understanding why my response or anything I've said is out of the ordinary...

I know full well what activities create dirty or sticky toddlers... It's easy to not get it on me....I just don't do a lot of hugging and snuggling when we're outside playing in the dirt.

Oh, and excluding for illness (snot) and still getting paid.... Yes! I exclude for all sorts of things and I still get paid.

That's not an odd concept either... most providers I know and many on this board do the same. Rates are based on enrollment not on attendance or time used so yes, I am paid for 52 weeks a year but I only work about 48 of them.

I had this daycare thing all wrong before too but thankfully, I figured it out!