View Single Post
BumbleBee 06:46 PM 07-09-2012
I don't believe parents would pay more if you market yourself as a babysitter. I was a babysitter and I definately got paid more, but it was only for a few hours once and awhile.

Furthermore, I believe there is a big difference between a babysitter and a daycare provider. To me, a babysitter is someone who plays with the kids and more or less 'watches' them for a few hours while the parents go out for an evening. A daycare provider, in my opinion, is someone who has planned activities (not all day long, but in general has an idea laid out for the day) and teaches the children instead of watching them. Not trying to start a debate as I know daycare providers who just watch children and babysitters who teach children but in general it's the other way around.

If you choose to market yourself as a babysitter for all day care and try to charge the babysitter rates, I'm afraid you may not get any kids.

It's unfortunate but it's generally the norm for babysitters to get paid more than child care providers. At least from what I've seen.